Friday, November 25, 2005
That was something.
Had a testimonial match for the seniors just now. There wasn't enough people to make a fifteen aside so we had sevens. I would like to thank the guys from the present squad who turn up for the match, especially the year ones. There were plenty of surprises during the match. James and Adam were fantastic as backs. From the way they were playing just now, you wouldn't realise that they had started playing rugby only a year ago. I believe it would be a lot harder for us if the seniors had kept training and their fitness were up to par. Personally I think that our fitness got the better of them but our physical strength are no match for them. I mean c'mon; me, Enos and Faizal against a real forward pack of Vicky, Afiq and Jonny? Most probably Vicky's leg is twice as heavy as me. Get what I mean? Overall I think the match boosted the confidence of the junior players into being more creative with their play. Hopefully the seniors are happy with the fight we put up to them.