Monday, August 22, 2005
Nothing ventured, Nothing gained.
Well, it might have been the case of us biting off more than we can chew. I definitely know that we were not complacent or anything like that, the year ones definitely didn't. But I realised that we have to work hard on improving our technique if we are going to have a chance to take all those neighbourhood JCs on. Especially NYJC. Credit really goes to these guys who not only got 3rd runner up for the National 10s last Saturday, but also did just as well for the 15s in May this year. PJC also hogged most of the attention at the 10s. Their playing style is almost spontaneous and reminded me of the backs play of the Maoris. Simply fantastic.
MI did badly, if you have to compare our expectations with our results. I have to admit that I was pretty much at fault for losing the NYJC game as I was still pretty slow and unreactive then. That lapse of reaction let them score a try. I felt pretty shitty and Ah Chuan let me have a piece of his mind about it. For the next three games, I tried not to repeat any mistakes I had done and just go about my job. Sadiq must have felt bad about getting that yellow card against CJC and I have to admit it was a pretty harsh decision. Don't worry bro, we all make mistakes. It's just a matter of learning from them.
MI did badly, if you have to compare our expectations with our results. I have to admit that I was pretty much at fault for losing the NYJC game as I was still pretty slow and unreactive then. That lapse of reaction let them score a try. I felt pretty shitty and Ah Chuan let me have a piece of his mind about it. For the next three games, I tried not to repeat any mistakes I had done and just go about my job. Sadiq must have felt bad about getting that yellow card against CJC and I have to admit it was a pretty harsh decision. Don't worry bro, we all make mistakes. It's just a matter of learning from them.