Wednesday, July 20, 2005
Irony: A play on lives.
Today wasn't one of the best Wednesdays in my lives. Sure there were memorable moments. In fact there were more memorable moments today than in most days with memorable moments. So that makes today what, a exceptionally memorable day or am I screwing you over with monotonous words? To reiterate my point thus, today wasn't so much a good day as any other day, although it contains more memorable moments than any other day with memorable moments.
I was this close to being late for school. By this, I meant the diameter of a strand of hair on a rat's ass. And my ass would have been been pretty much a sorry sight if I had. Glad to say I wasn't. Otherwise I would be a real sorry sight. But I was a sorry sight when I saw my maths paper. Now I'm sad to say that I was. Out of a hundred possible marks for fifteen questions, all I freaking got was one for question one. A bloody freaking mark! For three freaking hours I freaking sat in a freaking cold room, writing freaking shit on a few freaking pieces of freaking paper, freaking numbed my already freaking brain and freaking out at the last freaking question, and all I freaking got was a freaking mark for my freaking maths freaking paper! Ok, had to blow some shit there. But otherwise, the three maths periods I had with Mr Saw was freaking incredible! Mr Saw Seng Huat of Chua Chu Kang, if you're reading this, you are the Bomb! Damn, I might not learn maths from this guy, but I sure as hell have to learn Sarcasm 101 from him. I could see that he was sad that his whole class flunked the paper, he sure as hell didn't show it. Instead he bastard (pardon the wrong usage of bastard, but you get what I mean) the whole class. He bastard Endy who got lower than me, he bastard Yu Wei who got a AO pass, hell, he even bastard me thrice! And the best thing was, I was only 20% insulted. It was 80% awe with the mouths open. And then laughter. Maybe a few claps after that. Holy crap, and to think 04S3 hates this guy. I got to make Mr Saw the Patron Saint of bastarding scrumhalves.
The other significant moment was receiving my chemistry paper. I bloody passed it with a few colours thrown in. Ok, so I got a D, but it was a mark off a C and lot of marks more than the F I got in the common test. Even more applaudable was the fact 04S4 got the highest amount of passes with the second highest average. Now that makes me really proud to be a Singaporean. Or not.
And then there was the National track and field finals. It was held at the Chua Chu Kang Stadium instead of the usual National Stadium. MI's only finalists are the 4*100 girls, and they were great in my books. Losing would always makes one sad, but be strong about it and learn from experience. Other than that, the MI crowd was a ruckus! Hafiz was...Hafiz, Sangee, Anusha and Yasmeen were hopping mad, Jacq was like, Get a life NPCC!, and Siti was crazy about Ahmad Nabil. I think I was the one that brought a calming presence to the crowd. Or not. Still, we had a lot of fun screwing up Hafiz, the NPCC and the mat's school. SSS conquered the relays, although I think they should get NJC's passing coach because their passing is AWFUL! But then, they still won it through pure raw speed. Independant schools, eat your hearts out. Another thing. How the heck Chua Ee Ghim can get 4th in the 1500m is beyond my sense of reasoning. He never really kicked in the last 200m and allow Jeffrey Ng too much of a gap to catch. You should have gone out with a bang. Not being ten metres behind.
I was this close to being late for school. By this, I meant the diameter of a strand of hair on a rat's ass. And my ass would have been been pretty much a sorry sight if I had. Glad to say I wasn't. Otherwise I would be a real sorry sight. But I was a sorry sight when I saw my maths paper. Now I'm sad to say that I was. Out of a hundred possible marks for fifteen questions, all I freaking got was one for question one. A bloody freaking mark! For three freaking hours I freaking sat in a freaking cold room, writing freaking shit on a few freaking pieces of freaking paper, freaking numbed my already freaking brain and freaking out at the last freaking question, and all I freaking got was a freaking mark for my freaking maths freaking paper! Ok, had to blow some shit there. But otherwise, the three maths periods I had with Mr Saw was freaking incredible! Mr Saw Seng Huat of Chua Chu Kang, if you're reading this, you are the Bomb! Damn, I might not learn maths from this guy, but I sure as hell have to learn Sarcasm 101 from him. I could see that he was sad that his whole class flunked the paper, he sure as hell didn't show it. Instead he bastard (pardon the wrong usage of bastard, but you get what I mean) the whole class. He bastard Endy who got lower than me, he bastard Yu Wei who got a AO pass, hell, he even bastard me thrice! And the best thing was, I was only 20% insulted. It was 80% awe with the mouths open. And then laughter. Maybe a few claps after that. Holy crap, and to think 04S3 hates this guy. I got to make Mr Saw the Patron Saint of bastarding scrumhalves.
The other significant moment was receiving my chemistry paper. I bloody passed it with a few colours thrown in. Ok, so I got a D, but it was a mark off a C and lot of marks more than the F I got in the common test. Even more applaudable was the fact 04S4 got the highest amount of passes with the second highest average. Now that makes me really proud to be a Singaporean. Or not.
And then there was the National track and field finals. It was held at the Chua Chu Kang Stadium instead of the usual National Stadium. MI's only finalists are the 4*100 girls, and they were great in my books. Losing would always makes one sad, but be strong about it and learn from experience. Other than that, the MI crowd was a ruckus! Hafiz was...Hafiz, Sangee, Anusha and Yasmeen were hopping mad, Jacq was like, Get a life NPCC!, and Siti was crazy about Ahmad Nabil. I think I was the one that brought a calming presence to the crowd. Or not. Still, we had a lot of fun screwing up Hafiz, the NPCC and the mat's school. SSS conquered the relays, although I think they should get NJC's passing coach because their passing is AWFUL! But then, they still won it through pure raw speed. Independant schools, eat your hearts out. Another thing. How the heck Chua Ee Ghim can get 4th in the 1500m is beyond my sense of reasoning. He never really kicked in the last 200m and allow Jeffrey Ng too much of a gap to catch. You should have gone out with a bang. Not being ten metres behind.