Friday, July 15, 2005
Ah....
Damn my flu. Makes one unable to smell the sweet aroma of food. Also lower the brain activity of oneself, making one less sarcastic, sadistic and more susceptible to verbal backstabs. Two in fact, one from Nas, the other from Sadiq. The backlashes were so sweet but for the fact that they were aimed at me. The only good that come out of today is probably...nothing. Mr Azlan said that we might go on a training tour. Alas, it is only for players with good academic results. Now Zaki and good grades are perfectly oxymoronic. So that's out. Another was the announcement that we would be picking the captaincy of the team during the AGM. Now you know me. I have been paranoid ever since the day Jacko was accused of molest. So that's like long time ago. Anyway, I have a gut feeling that I might be picked for some obscure thing like reserve scrumhalf of the year. I have always been afraid that I wouldn't be able to make the cut for scrumhalf. Not for the first time. And being the true follower of Cynicus; whose works you should really read, I have been putting myself down awfully hard lately. That's the thing. Self-doubt will always spread to the whole team, to the extent that panic and chaos take over and discipline breaks down. I've seen it happen to the team during the CJC match. And I believe the team hasn't recovered since. Who then, shall bring the team up to its feet? Sadiq, Saha, Manan, Akira, Zhi Wei, Gabriel, Anders, Faisal, me? All I know now is that I got to bear my share of the team's weight and get over this social disorder. And be sarcastic for Chels.