Monday, May 02, 2005
Thinking.
"Sleep... Oh! how I loathe those little slices of death...."
Edgar Allen Poe.
Yeap,I too hate sleeping.These past four days are full of memories that may take some time for sleep to forget.Last Friday we played ACJC.A new SRU rule is that the referee can call a match to an end if the scoreline reaches 80.Suffice to say we finished the whole sixty minutes unlike YJC.I know that my performance wasn't up to par,and despite what Jonathan or the other seniors say,I still believed self-criticism is the most truthful.I know that some of the year one,even though they only had three weeks of basic rugby training,played their heart out.In the first ten minutes of the match,Faisal broke the bone in his upper arm in three pieces and thought he only dislocated his shoulder.As for me,there wasn't much bruises or cuts,just that my balls shrunk to quarter its size by halftime.Anymore and I might as well just play touch rugby.
Which I did the next day.We had the M1 fun touch carnival at Ngee Ann City and we had to get there by nine in the morning.The girls were already changed into their attire by the time I reached there.As usual there were two boys teams and I was in the "developing" squad.Navin had Zhi Wei,Sadiq,Akira and Max on his team.Four playmaking Backs!Max was the only weak link and he didn't play most of the time.As for me,I had Vicknesh,Nas,Ramdan and James.Vicky is good at decoying people,but you can't trust him to get to the tryline in touch rugby.For both matches I had to teach the three year ones the finer points in defending and attacking.Can't let the year ones alone on the court,they wouldn't know what to do by themselves.Not that Vicky and I did much.We were out in the group stages unlike Team A which lasted till the Semis.And the only thing I remembered was the diving touch I made against the Fat Cats,a group of former RJC ruggers.That I remember.
Speaking of which,I also met Syazwani and her JJC touch team.They also make it into the Semis I think.Couldn't say the same thing for the girls touch.They were out by even before they played their second group game.I think Hazwana did wrong by putting her team into defensive and offensive groups.And since the girls haven't learn to retain the ball,they were running in and out,catching themselves unaware by the quick counterattacking style of the other girls teams.
She was there,watching me play.I was alright with it except that I couldn't divert attention from the team.We fought a bit because of a misunderstanding and was over it soon enough.After the competition while we were at Habourfront,she bought Sadiq,Navin,Max and Vick some drinks at the Coffee Club.We had two Hungry Irishmans and a mango smoothie split up amongst ourselves.The guys were really surprised by the gesture and acted like the gentlemen we are.
Faisal was warded at Alexandra Hospital and it has been almost eighteen years since I visited the place.Not that I remembered it much as a newborn.We spent some time looking for his ward and bed and met some relatives of his.Faisal looked like he was really high and his whole arms was in bandages.We pulled a few gags to cheer him up,like when Sadiq gave him a get well present(now that is some shit!)Navin and the rest went to speak to his mother while I stayed to see how's he is doing now.Faisal assured me that even though he had second thoughts now about tackling,he would still stay in rugby.The balls of the guy.I know that depression would set in a few days after a serious injury and we have to talk to him every once in a while now.His mum was really touched and I think he was too.Just another thing,he received a teddy bear from some girl.It wouldn't be funny if not for the words "Well done" on its stomach.
Shit,this is getting to be a long post,but stay with me for a while.After the visit we decided to eat in town as Navin had to get his Fossil watch back.So then we had to walk from lucky plaza all the way to Tanglin mall just to get it.The distance wasn't much except for Vicky that is.When we reach there the whole of MI was already there,selling pretty much useless stuff at high prices.Maybe not the whole of MI,but more than half of MI take Economics and it was a economics sale.Pretty shitty stuff.More shitty stuff ahead.Sadiq got to know that his best friend VJ broke his leg while playing in a supposedly interclass soccer tournament.Armizat who is the soccer captain saw that there were insufficient teams and he invited other schools to take part.And what do you know,the same school that broke Faisal's arm also broke VJ's leg.VJ and Sadiq had decided to go on the CIP trip together and now this.Oh yeah,there's hell to pay this week and I have a gut feeling that Armizat is getting his just desserts.And just when you thought that soccer and rugby were getting close to each other..Shitty stuff indeed.As compared to what happened today and on Sunday,this is shitty stuff indeed.
Edgar Allen Poe.
Yeap,I too hate sleeping.These past four days are full of memories that may take some time for sleep to forget.Last Friday we played ACJC.A new SRU rule is that the referee can call a match to an end if the scoreline reaches 80.Suffice to say we finished the whole sixty minutes unlike YJC.I know that my performance wasn't up to par,and despite what Jonathan or the other seniors say,I still believed self-criticism is the most truthful.I know that some of the year one,even though they only had three weeks of basic rugby training,played their heart out.In the first ten minutes of the match,Faisal broke the bone in his upper arm in three pieces and thought he only dislocated his shoulder.As for me,there wasn't much bruises or cuts,just that my balls shrunk to quarter its size by halftime.Anymore and I might as well just play touch rugby.
Which I did the next day.We had the M1 fun touch carnival at Ngee Ann City and we had to get there by nine in the morning.The girls were already changed into their attire by the time I reached there.As usual there were two boys teams and I was in the "developing" squad.Navin had Zhi Wei,Sadiq,Akira and Max on his team.Four playmaking Backs!Max was the only weak link and he didn't play most of the time.As for me,I had Vicknesh,Nas,Ramdan and James.Vicky is good at decoying people,but you can't trust him to get to the tryline in touch rugby.For both matches I had to teach the three year ones the finer points in defending and attacking.Can't let the year ones alone on the court,they wouldn't know what to do by themselves.Not that Vicky and I did much.We were out in the group stages unlike Team A which lasted till the Semis.And the only thing I remembered was the diving touch I made against the Fat Cats,a group of former RJC ruggers.That I remember.
Speaking of which,I also met Syazwani and her JJC touch team.They also make it into the Semis I think.Couldn't say the same thing for the girls touch.They were out by even before they played their second group game.I think Hazwana did wrong by putting her team into defensive and offensive groups.And since the girls haven't learn to retain the ball,they were running in and out,catching themselves unaware by the quick counterattacking style of the other girls teams.
She was there,watching me play.I was alright with it except that I couldn't divert attention from the team.We fought a bit because of a misunderstanding and was over it soon enough.After the competition while we were at Habourfront,she bought Sadiq,Navin,Max and Vick some drinks at the Coffee Club.We had two Hungry Irishmans and a mango smoothie split up amongst ourselves.The guys were really surprised by the gesture and acted like the gentlemen we are.
Faisal was warded at Alexandra Hospital and it has been almost eighteen years since I visited the place.Not that I remembered it much as a newborn.We spent some time looking for his ward and bed and met some relatives of his.Faisal looked like he was really high and his whole arms was in bandages.We pulled a few gags to cheer him up,like when Sadiq gave him a get well present(now that is some shit!)Navin and the rest went to speak to his mother while I stayed to see how's he is doing now.Faisal assured me that even though he had second thoughts now about tackling,he would still stay in rugby.The balls of the guy.I know that depression would set in a few days after a serious injury and we have to talk to him every once in a while now.His mum was really touched and I think he was too.Just another thing,he received a teddy bear from some girl.It wouldn't be funny if not for the words "Well done" on its stomach.
Shit,this is getting to be a long post,but stay with me for a while.After the visit we decided to eat in town as Navin had to get his Fossil watch back.So then we had to walk from lucky plaza all the way to Tanglin mall just to get it.The distance wasn't much except for Vicky that is.When we reach there the whole of MI was already there,selling pretty much useless stuff at high prices.Maybe not the whole of MI,but more than half of MI take Economics and it was a economics sale.Pretty shitty stuff.More shitty stuff ahead.Sadiq got to know that his best friend VJ broke his leg while playing in a supposedly interclass soccer tournament.Armizat who is the soccer captain saw that there were insufficient teams and he invited other schools to take part.And what do you know,the same school that broke Faisal's arm also broke VJ's leg.VJ and Sadiq had decided to go on the CIP trip together and now this.Oh yeah,there's hell to pay this week and I have a gut feeling that Armizat is getting his just desserts.And just when you thought that soccer and rugby were getting close to each other..Shitty stuff indeed.As compared to what happened today and on Sunday,this is shitty stuff indeed.