Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Got a medal!

I seriously thought today was going to be a bad day.Why?I woke up late,and therefore was late for the M1 rugby school series competition.I know,the most important player should have come even later,but I didn't want to make the guys anymore worried than they already are.When I reach Yio Chu Kang Stadium,I realised one very dumb thing.
1.We were up against RJC in the first match.
2.Sufian,Gabriel,Akira,Fareez and me were there.
3.It is a six-a-side touch rugby competition.
I had thoughts of withdrawing MI from the competition but the guys persuaded me that they are able to play with one man down.So we just heck it played like the jackasses that we are.It was the most awesome,exhausting ten minutes of rugby I had ever played.I was running,shouting out preplanned plays(useless as they are in touch but still a great decoy)and chasing guys up and down the pitch.Even though we lost 3-0,I think the team did allright.I mean,being one man down,practising makeshift moves ten minutes before the game and just whacking it with two year ones who started playing touch last month?It was allright by my standards.I got to make friends with some of the RJC players and we talked abit about our team.The captain of their team traded some banter with me and we had split up our teams and made new ones to have a friendly between us.It was a really nice second match,even if it's off the record.And we got away with some silverware,rather than the poor secondary school mats that played for jack.Trust me,the U17 guys weren't even good.They obviously got to do better if they want to reach A division standard.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?