Saturday, February 05, 2005
12.45min isn't THAT bad.
Had my SAAA road relay today.Can't say it wasn't the best of my races.I was in the first team with Angelo,Muru,Nicklaus and me running in that order.I was quite sad that my timing for the 3.2km route was 12.45min,Chua Ee Ghim did a 10.45.I was a full two minutes behind who is undoubtingly the best cross-country runner hands down.And I can still remember following his pace all the way when I was in secondary 2,running in the 2001 national cross-country.How much things have change now for me.Overall I didn't do so bad with Nickclaus running 13min and Angelo five seconds later.Muru was disappointed with himself I think,managing only 15mins.I was too.
Sometimes I wonder where I would stand if I had gone to a decent JC like I should have.Maybe I would have been up there with JJC's best or might have even get a starting place at ACJC.Might have.I know that the last runner for ACJ was 12.55.Damn.Why am I even contemplating JC life?I'm doing alright in MI,having two CCAs which would be impossible if I were in JC.But just for once I would want to be in a team of my equals,a team not built up around me.Hong Kah had done that to me all the while when I was in secondary school,putting people in just so I would be able to take part in a cross-country event.Enough to take part but never enough to win a team championship.Guys like me can never win a team championship by themselves,we don't have the calibre to do that.Instead we take our places behind a top ten runner and run with him all the way.
I wish MI can do that.
Sometimes I wonder where I would stand if I had gone to a decent JC like I should have.Maybe I would have been up there with JJC's best or might have even get a starting place at ACJC.Might have.I know that the last runner for ACJ was 12.55.Damn.Why am I even contemplating JC life?I'm doing alright in MI,having two CCAs which would be impossible if I were in JC.But just for once I would want to be in a team of my equals,a team not built up around me.Hong Kah had done that to me all the while when I was in secondary school,putting people in just so I would be able to take part in a cross-country event.Enough to take part but never enough to win a team championship.Guys like me can never win a team championship by themselves,we don't have the calibre to do that.Instead we take our places behind a top ten runner and run with him all the way.
I wish MI can do that.