Saturday, October 23, 2004

Curse my Computer.

You know,there is this great game that the people in my school are playing,MU online.Its a game quite similar to diablo but with a lot more features..its a damn cool game.So I got caught up with the bandwagon and played along with my friends.The thing is,I could only play in school as my computer hasn't had the programme installed in yet.Aliff told me to go ahead and get the programme installed in my computer.

So for the past two days,I have been switching on both my computer and internet dial up connection, seriously pissed off my dad in the process,and getting the whole mammajamma of software downloaded and installed to run the game.Seeing that my internet connection was a 56k dial up,you could imagine the time taken to download a 74MB file.And that was only the game..I had to download the patches,graphic drivers and a lot of kahuna...The thing is,if someone were to call,my connection will automatically be cut off and there goes the 43MB file that I had downloaded so far.Altogether I spent maybe just over 48 hours downloading and it was a seriously depressing experience.

After all is said and done,I could fianlly play the bloody game.When my computer connected to the game server,I was almightily pleased with myself.Suddenly a message pop up telling me to get the latest graphic driver.After spending around two bloody hours checking my computer system,I realised the offending mistake.My graphic card is apparently a cirrus logic graphic card which is totally incompatible with the game.Shit.Who in the hell owns some cirrus logic hardware?I was so bloody shocked and fed up,I was seriuosly considering screwing my fast and letting go a string of mild and offensive expletives at my computer.So now I'm stuck with a massive game in my computer that I can't play and I can't uninstall.So now I'm still stuck to killing diablo for the umpteenth time.So what else is new?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?