Sunday, August 29, 2004

Something about tonight.

I just realised when I was out buying dinner that there is a full moon tonight.Next to the stars,the moon is most probably the most admired thing in the night sky.Can't help but wonder,with a shape of a perfect circle,is there any inperfections that can mar the beauty of the moon?

I then looked a bit closer at the surface of the moon and saw the craters,made by collisions with flying meteors,standing out all over the moon.I could almost swear I saw the Sea of Tranquility at the western hemisphere,but then people might not believe a guy wearing glasses.It struck me,it is these craters marking the surface of the moon that makes the moon beautiful.Imagine having a moon that is perfect all over.Yes,it might be perfect,but it would be boring to look at after a while.I remember the time Safikha and I were at the Linkin Park concert and all the while we were looking at the moon.It was drop dead gorgeous(no disrespect to you Safikha) and as much I tried,I couldn't stop looking at it.

The same can be said about us people.It is these imperfections in people that makes us attracted to them.It might be a physical or abstract characteristic.It might be the way a guy try to look at you without you knowing it.The way a girl blush when you call her Petom or Khalsom or Midah(always like seeing Shaheda's reaction).Most guys(by most,I mean many not including me)like the curves on Halle Berry.Girls on the other hand,may ogle Ian Thorpe's body or something like that.Personally I like to see Ferisha run;it's very relaxing.

Those boyfriends or girlfriends you thought were perfect were just putting up a show behind their real personality.It's disrespectful to people,offensive to me,if you have to act somebody else to get our attention.Why be a copy of someone when you can be an original you?I don't get it especially.I'm not a mat,never claim to be a mat.I never claim to be the different concepts guys choose in this age of our lives.I'm not a hip-hopper,I just listen to different genres of music.I'm proud of the fact I can't skateboard,I can only do a freeze and I don't taper my pants.I'm going to bloody hell punch your face if you called me a poseur and that I run to impress everyone.

I'm damned proud to win The 2001 Streetwise Run.Its 12.5km route almost killed me and there I got my personal best;46:13.If there is one quick surefire way to wreck my ego and get my respect,its through running.I don't get people not coming for training and when they do come,not really working hard.What's the bloody point then?Might as well quit track and go for your PE lesson.There is a reason why people call it training,and doing a 4minute lap for someone who can do 37secs for their 200m is just too much.The same goes for rugby.I got my first medal not through running but through rugby.It was the U-12 Bukit Timah district mini-rugby compettion.We were the last batch that got into the nationals and we did well enough,clinching second.That has a special meaning for me in playing rugby.So if you don't come for training and want to play in friendlies,you better join another CCA like interact club.People say there is a serious streak that I rarely show,and I have to agree with that.But if I'm serious,you better don't laugh in my face or I'm going to commence shitface.

I'm damned proud that I run for my schools in the nationals,either track or cross-country.I'm proud that I was on the field playing against RJC that day.I'm also proud of Syafiqa,the girl I never thought I would meet.

I'm also glad the moon is shining bright tonight.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?