Monday, July 19, 2004
The will to run.
Tomorrow morning at eight,I would be at Chua Chu Kang Stadium.Warming up,waiting for my turn to run 3 and 3/4 around the track,a 1500 metres run which would decide whether I'm up there among the best in Singapore.It would decide if I can reach the peak among the schools in Singapore without depending on an amazing team to saunter to the top.This is my race to run,my own.God,I have always had this chance to go all the way since secondary one but I threw most of them away...I know that my personal best is still miles away from those bloody amazing guys like Chua Ee Ghim,Jeffrey Ng or Du Yang,but what the heck.I'm still determined to compete.
To have the will to run.
"You might have the strength of Hercules. You might have the legs as fast as the cheetah. You might have the the fins of the dolphin. The wings of the eagle. You might have the tools,the body. But you would not have known greatness until you realise that the most powerful muscle is your heart."
To have the will to run.
"You might have the strength of Hercules. You might have the legs as fast as the cheetah. You might have the the fins of the dolphin. The wings of the eagle. You might have the tools,the body. But you would not have known greatness until you realise that the most powerful muscle is your heart."