Thursday, July 15, 2004
On path.
You don't always know if you are on track in your life.Sometimes your well ahead of it,sometimes it's five steps in front of you.I felt both today.It's a strange feeling,being in front and behind time today.Somehow I think that I'm a living example of the Theory of relativity,well half my class don't understand Newton's second law,let alone the theory that Einstein thought of.
Today's class was simple as can be;GP,math and physics.Hah,I learnt a new Mat joke from Mr Andrew.
How do you confuse a Mat?
Put him in a circular room and tell him to relak one corner.
Then Hafiz told me another one.Sorry guys,it's in malay...
Kalau kau nak pukul mat,pukul sampai seluarnye lebar.
It was a bloody discriminatory joke aimed at Mats...haha,my GP class is doing discrimination.Speaking of GP,my math class is doing GP,or Geometric Projection.hah,the irony..well physics we did the dynamics topic,has quite a lot of my classmates puzzling...
Next up,track.On my 4th day of tapering off,Mr Chuah told us to do a 2.4km time trial.Huh what?Hah,sometimes I questioned his training but then,he's the coach.I did a 8.26...after doing a 2.57 for the first two rounds...haha,that was a terrible idea...Worse still,Angelo just didn't want me to get ahead because he thought I was Nicholas...I sacrificed my running plan to continue my surge past him..didn't have much strength to kick hard,maybe doing the last 200m in 37 seconds.After that,I felt like Einstein relativity theory kick in.I watch everyone else continuing their training which has only lasted barely more than 10 minutes.Sometimes I feel like an idiot saving my own butt while others put their's through the pain barrier.But then,I had been through it and both my body and mind haven't break..I'm hoping that it will continue until next tuesday.
Lately,alot of my track team mates had alot of emotional problems;Ferisha suddenly broke down in the track meeting before the training.She later told me that she didn't want to continue in MI anymore,that she wants to go anywhere but MI.I emphatised with her,who in their sane mind would want to stay in MI when they have already qualified for JC?Not my stupid mind,hah...She told me that if I withdrew from MI,she would join me in PJC.I really feel sorry for her,all the things in her life are going wrong and she deserve something more.Hope that her heats on friday would turn out allright..Good Luck Ferisha!Alot more things happened to me during training,but then you clueless people just have to find out somewhere..
Speaking of training,I got a rugby "friendly" 10s training match later against the year 2s.Note the ""...it will be anything but a friendly...the year 1s want to prove that they are capable of holding their own against an experienced team,and the year 2s wanting to kick the year 1s in the ass!Hah,most probably I'm going to be a scrumhalf..although I'm praying hard that I won't get injured...If there isn't a choice,I would just pull myself out of the match and incur the wrath of the year 1s...But then,The Singapore National Schools Track And Field Championships is more valuable than any other competitive sport,either rugby or soccer.
It's the most important event to occur in my life and I'm not going to miss that.
Today's class was simple as can be;GP,math and physics.Hah,I learnt a new Mat joke from Mr Andrew.
How do you confuse a Mat?
Put him in a circular room and tell him to relak one corner.
Then Hafiz told me another one.Sorry guys,it's in malay...
Kalau kau nak pukul mat,pukul sampai seluarnye lebar.
It was a bloody discriminatory joke aimed at Mats...haha,my GP class is doing discrimination.Speaking of GP,my math class is doing GP,or Geometric Projection.hah,the irony..well physics we did the dynamics topic,has quite a lot of my classmates puzzling...
Next up,track.On my 4th day of tapering off,Mr Chuah told us to do a 2.4km time trial.Huh what?Hah,sometimes I questioned his training but then,he's the coach.I did a 8.26...after doing a 2.57 for the first two rounds...haha,that was a terrible idea...Worse still,Angelo just didn't want me to get ahead because he thought I was Nicholas...I sacrificed my running plan to continue my surge past him..didn't have much strength to kick hard,maybe doing the last 200m in 37 seconds.After that,I felt like Einstein relativity theory kick in.I watch everyone else continuing their training which has only lasted barely more than 10 minutes.Sometimes I feel like an idiot saving my own butt while others put their's through the pain barrier.But then,I had been through it and both my body and mind haven't break..I'm hoping that it will continue until next tuesday.
Lately,alot of my track team mates had alot of emotional problems;Ferisha suddenly broke down in the track meeting before the training.She later told me that she didn't want to continue in MI anymore,that she wants to go anywhere but MI.I emphatised with her,who in their sane mind would want to stay in MI when they have already qualified for JC?Not my stupid mind,hah...She told me that if I withdrew from MI,she would join me in PJC.I really feel sorry for her,all the things in her life are going wrong and she deserve something more.Hope that her heats on friday would turn out allright..Good Luck Ferisha!Alot more things happened to me during training,but then you clueless people just have to find out somewhere..
Speaking of training,I got a rugby "friendly" 10s training match later against the year 2s.Note the ""...it will be anything but a friendly...the year 1s want to prove that they are capable of holding their own against an experienced team,and the year 2s wanting to kick the year 1s in the ass!Hah,most probably I'm going to be a scrumhalf..although I'm praying hard that I won't get injured...If there isn't a choice,I would just pull myself out of the match and incur the wrath of the year 1s...But then,The Singapore National Schools Track And Field Championships is more valuable than any other competitive sport,either rugby or soccer.
It's the most important event to occur in my life and I'm not going to miss that.