Thursday, July 15, 2004

Baptism of Fire.

I'm blessed to finish this day with nothing more than bruises,scrapes and the team with the quiet determination to conquer all opposition.Even in the morning,I was extremely scared that the year 1s is going to get crucified by the year 2s.The day started well;I just had Chemistry lecture,math,malay and GP.Once the lessons start,I had to put my fears away at the back of my mind,always in the shadows and raring to run havoc in my already racing mind.After classes,I changed up and started practising my throws...from what I did during training on tuesday,it appeared to be bloody off!When Sam came,we played contact 7s...The year 1s lineup-

Hooker-Anders
Prop-Min Yang,Alan
Scrumhalf-yours truly
Standoff-LC
Inside Centre-Zhi Wei
Winger-Sadiq

It was hard to contain the brute force of the year 2s,our forwards were maybe less than half the year 2s forwards' weight.We had to depend on our trump card;our overall team's speed.One thing about the year 1s,they can beat the year 2s at sprinting hands down.We lost the first match 3-2 but then we scored a brilliant try with the backs doing a dummy switch pass;Sadiq bursting through a space in the year 2s defense...It was simply breathtaking..Heh,I scored the second try,it was a tyco fluke,not worth mentioning here...The second match was a contact 10s,however Sam let us play with 11 players...

Hooker-Aliff
Prop-Min Yang,Manan
Second Row-Anders,Alan
Scrumhalf-yours truly
Standoff-LC
Inside Centre-Zhi Wei
Outside Centre-Sadiq
Openside Winger-Gabriel
Blindside Winger-Muru

Again,our tactics was to hit out fast and play a possession game.And once again,I just had to screw my backs up several times...I'm really sorry guys,I'm going to train hard and give you guys better passes..The backs were fantastic,they almost carried out all their set plays if not for my poor distribution...Ah,sucks like hell letting my team mates down...And I paid for it.We won a lineup and the forwards were setting it up for the backs...As I was trying to hands it,the year 2s showed that even if they can run as quickly as us,they are strong as hell.They decided to contest the maul and as they pushed the year 1s' forwards,I got stuck behind the maul and got sucked into the maul.All I remembered was huge body masses steamrolling me over...I wouldn't have time to say my last prayers if I was going to die...then Sam stopped play for an offense and evryone was like asking me if I was ok...All of them had seen me get bulldozed in the maul...haha,talk about balls of fire..I only got away with a few bruises..Only Sadiq got a serious injury;he sprained his left ankle again and he has nationals next week.Other than Sadiq,no one else got an injury..we lost 2-1 but I was just happy that the year 1s got through mostly uninjured...

Speaking of which,I got my NAPFA test tomorrow instead of after National Day..It's going to suck bad..Well nevermind about that.The girls are going to run tomorrow at CCK stadium,I'm not going to miss it for the world!Best of luck girls...Godspeed.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?